Tuesday, October 7, 2008

All part of the plan

I sent out a bunch of new e-mails today mostly to my local congress person and the one Senator here who isn't John McCain asking them where they stand on how John McCain is running his campaign. I keep finding it hard to believe that the man who was smeared so badly in 2000 is running a campaign that is just as bad or worse now.

Then I remembered something. It hit me like a bolt of lightning as I was reading about Cindy McCain's statements today that Obama is running the "dirties campaign ever."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/07/cindy-mccain-obamas-waged_n_132751.html

If you are a Democrat this is probably one of the biggest lies you have ever heard but it is an important first volley in what I believe is the new McCain stategy. We are all aware the this Presidential campaign is being run by the acolytes of Karl Rove. This is the same sort of strategy that they used against John McCain!

I believe that we are going to see more negative, nasty, unrepentent attacks from the McCain campaign and more of this meme that Obama is running the dirties campaign ever. Why you ask? Because it turns voters off. It makes independent voters think that politics is a dirty ugly business and that anyone who engages in them must be a scumbag. This tactic is designed to stiffle the voice of the American people. Make is so unpalatable that they can't watch any longer and they won't participate.

Once you have low information voters out of the way, what is left? The base of both parties. Historically who's base has been more energized and ready to get out the vote? That would be the Republican Party. So they are energizing the base with all of this hate speech, driving middle of the road voters home and then preparing for a close election that they should be able to influence in key states. The sheer evil genius of it all is astonishing, and frightening. I suppose I shouldn't be suprised I believe this is how they got George W. Bush elected, twice.

Karl Rove must be shedding a tear as we speak.

No comments: